Urban Manufacturing Case Study
Urban Manufacturing is a contract manufacturer of metal components for a number of customers including GE Medical, Harley-Davidson and others. They primarily sell their products through distribution. Located in West Allis, Wisconsin, Urban Manufacturing has served customers wants and needs since 1978.
Urban had a dated website that lagged behind its competitors. It was difficult to read copy, and the website didn’t effectively tell the story of Urban Manufacturing and the quality of work they do. Other areas of concerns included:
- If the site was driving away prospective customers, including Fortune 500 manufacturers.
- Managing site content, as they lacked a platform that allowed them to add information easily and efficiently.
- Brilliance focused on developing a website that was easy to use and looked aesthetically pleasing. They also developed their solution on DNN Software on version 7.03.02.
- Brilliance purchased a DNN skin and then modified it to have a nicer look and feel than the current website, a crucial component for a company trying to attract prospective customers (see below).
- The ability to add content services helped Urban tell its story based on anticipating and answering a prospect's questions.
The changes Brilliance made to Urban Manufacturing’s website led to increases in visitors, page views, and average time visitors spent on the site. Some results include: