Freeman Manufacturing Case Study
Freeman Manufacturing & Supply Company, located in Avon, Ohio and founded in 1902, sells a variety of industrial prototyping materials to a wide range of industries. While their main website is geared toward distributors and companies, Freeman has created two e-Commerce websites in order to sell direct to the DIY/Hobbyist market. Despite success in this niche, Freeman was looking to improve site functionality and, more importantly, usability for both storefronts.
- The MachinableWax website was not user-friendly or mobile-responsive.
- The MiaPoxy website was outdated and needed a new data management system.
- Easy site navigation was another concern and both sites lacked functionality.
- Freeman was managing two separate ASPDotNetStoreFront back-ends and it was hard to maintain both websites.
Freeman Manufacturing knew they needed to upgrade their version of ASPDotNetStorefront. Brilliance equipped them with a website that would be easy to maintain going forward. In addition:
- Brilliance used Catalyst for AspDotNetStorefront to create responsive skins for both Miapoxy.com and MachinableWax.net. Catalyst for AspDotNetStorefront is a skin and code base that enables Brilliance to develop mobile responsive e-Commerce sites more efficiently for customers on a clean and usable layout.
- Brilliance also used Catalyst without custom development, moving only code that was critical, which helped to shorten the upgrade path time.
- Freeman wanted to keep its discount pricing based on variant as a custom piece.
The Results for Miapoxy.com & Machinablewax.net
After Brilliance implemented the correct AspDotNetStoreFront platform and refreshed the sites’ designs to make them look more modern (see below), both websites are now easier to use and look more modern. In addition:
- Each website is concise, displays a logical color scheme, and has each product displayed accordingly.
- The categories for each website are also intuitive and easy for users to scan.
“The updated look of the website skins and ability to combine our sites into a multi-store was the solution we were looking for. Brilliance had experience with ASPDotNetStoreFront as well as the knowledge of data system integration we sought to implement in the future. Brilliance’s project managers worked with us quickly and efficiently, and our websites are now easier to manage, work well on mobile platforms, and provide our customers with a better user experience. We enjoy the time-saving features of a multi-store environment and look forward working with Brilliance on integrating our data management system.”
- Allison Waken, Marketing/Design Assistant