Edwards Manufacturing Case Study
Edwards Manufacturing is a 140-year-old company that specializes in producing the industry-standard Ironworker line of metal fabrication equipment. They primarily sell its products through distribution. Located south of Minneapolis and St. Paul in Albert Lea, Minnesota, Edwards Manufacturing has served its customers’ needs since 1875.
Edwards Manufacturing had concerns about its website branding and was searching for efficiency gains, especially for its mobile e-commerce efforts. The website was informational only, and they wanted to incorporate a sales component along with enhancing both B2B and B2C e-commerce functionality including:
- Incorporating a new ordering system
- Developing an integrated e-Commerce ERP workflow
- Moving toward a paperless buying process for customers
Brilliance developed an e-Commerce site with a design consistent with the Edwards Manufacturing brand with a structure that would support future integration with their ERP system – WorkWise ERP. Other solutions implemented included:
- Using Edwards existing design as the base look and creating a responsive skin
- Working with AspDotNetStorefront version 9.5.0 to better support the website
- Implementing Vibe Reductive Navigation to help end-users more easily identify the correct machine and parts (see below).
This site seamlessly helped Edwards transition from selling only through distribution to a combination of B2C and B2B, enhancing its ability to work with customers and submit orders faster. Additional benefits from the system change included:
- Positive feedback has been received from both dealers and end-users.
Improved usability for mobile users. Prior to the new site, there were no orders coming in over mobile and tablets, and post-launch the bounce rate from mobile devices has decreased and customers are placing orders from mobile devices.
“We moved forward with Brilliance because they had a better process and stronger technical design skills. We looked to Brilliance for their technical background, implementation specialty, and organizational approach. Brilliance has helped us present a more professional face to our customers and we have captured sales that we would not have otherwise. Also, Brilliance did a good job staying on budget and on task.”
- Alexis Friend, Chief Financial Officer at Edwards Manufacturing