Bock Water Heaters Case Study
Bock Water Heaters, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of oil, gas, dual-fuel, solar and geothermal water heaters and water storage tanks. Their water heating and water storage solutions are available through a national network of manufacturer’s representatives and distributors. Founded in Madison, Wisconsin, in 1929, Bock became 100% employee-owned in 2001 and has continued the tradition of innovation and excellence begun so long ago.
Bock Water Heaters corporate website was not consistent with their new branding and marketing materials. Some other issues included:
- Customers could not look up their water heater's warranty on the website.
- Editing and maintaining information was difficult for Bock Water Heaters employees.
- Bock Water Heaters did not have a way for customers to find their sales rep.
After Bock Waters performed an analysis on the market and their competition, Brilliance provided recommendations including a wireframe sketch of the new website and a Photoshop mockup of the new design. Some other solutions performed by Brilliance included:
- Worked on a new DotNetNuke skin, which allowed Bock to easily add elements to the navigation menu and footer.
- Installed the DotNetNuke content management system for Bock's website.
- Brilliance built to allow the lookup of warranty information via serial number that is integrated with Bock's ERP software (WorkWise RB-ERP).
Bock saw drastic improvements after collaborating with Brilliance. Bock's Page Per Visit went up from 2 to 5, meaning more people were sifting through the website. Other results included:
- Google organic traffic went up by 492 percent.
- Bock's bounce rate went down from 54 to 23 percent.
- Bock was ranked #1 for "oil water heaters" in Google post launch, a testament to the improved SEO on the website.
“Brilliance was easy to work with. Their quick response to our questions and project management was top-shelf. The project was completed on budget and on-time. I have, and will continue, to recommend Brilliance to anyone who asks me about website design.”- Kim Musel, Bock Water Heaters